Part 2 – What we learned from the AIDS Crisis. How do we apply that today?
Live Webinar Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 3:00 – 4:00pm EDT
Many of our leaders and pioneers of MCC led the church through the AIDS Crisis in the 1980’s and 90’s. While the COVID-19 crisis and the AIDS crisis have their differences, they also have many similarities. Pastor Vance says, “Hearing the stories from so many on how MCC and particularly the women of MCC got us through the crisis has always inspired me and amazed me at the faith of this community.”
- Rev. Steve Pieters, clergy on staff at Founders MCC and former Field Director MCC AIDS Ministries
- Rev. Ken South, former Executive Director of the AIDS National Interfaith Network
- Rev. Uthasyo Kimindu, Pastor of Neema MCC, Mtito Andei, Kenya
- Rev. Jim Mitulski, Associate Pastor of MCC NY 1981-85 and then San Francisco 1986-2001 and now serving as Interim Senior Minister at Island United Church Foster City CA.
- Rev. Karen Zeigler, Senior Pastor of MCC- NY during the AIDS crisis and now leads a movement to Coordinate Tuesdays with Tillis
- Rev. Jimmy Gibbs, an MCC and UCC minister and Founder of ACRA in Durham NC – formerly the “AIDS Community Residence Association”
- Rev. Elder Cecilia Eggleston, Moderator and Global Leader of Metropolitan Community Churches
- Rev. Elder Dr. Nancy Wilson, retired Global Leader of Metropolitan Community Churches and now serving as Co-Pastor at SunCoast MCC in Venice FL