Part 1 – What we learned from the AIDS Crisis. How do we apply that today?
Live Webinar Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Many of our leaders and pioneers of MCC led the church through the AIDS Crisis in the 1980’s and 90’s. While the COVID-19 crisis and the AIDS crisis have their differences, they also have many similarities. Pastor Vance says, “Hearing the stories from so many on how MCC and particularly the women of MCC got us through the crisis has always inspired me and amazed me at the faith of this community.”
- Rev. Elder Dr. Nancy Wilson, retired Global Leader of Metropolitan Community Churches and now serving as Co-Pastor at SunCoast MCC in Venice FL
- Rev. Jim Mitulski, Associate Pastor of MCC NY 1981-85 and then San Francisco 1986-2001 and now serving as Interim Senior Minister at Island United Church Foster City CA.
- Rev. Karen Zeigler, Senior Pastor of MCC- NY during the AIDS crisis and now leads a movement to Coordinate Tuesdays with Tillis
- Rev. Keith Mozingo, Senior Pastor at Founders MCC in Los Angeles, CA
- Rev. Jimmy Gibbs, an MCC and UCC minister and Founder of ACRA in Durham NC – formerly the “AIDS Community Residence Association”
- Jay Kelderman, Founding Member of St. John’s MCC in Raleigh NC
- Fred Cannady-Kelderman, Associate Pastor of St. John’s MCC in Raleigh NC
The webinar begins a few minutes into the discussion....