St. John's MCC is part of a large, supportive community. Here are some resources that you may find useful.
- LGBT Center of Raleigh • To strengthen individual and community development through social and educational activities; to facilitate the incubation of supportive services and groups; and to identify needs and advocate for resources benefiting the diverse LGBT population
- LGBT Center of Raleigh Transgender Initiative • Supporting the Gender Spectrum
- LGBTQ Center of Durham • Creating Visibility. Encouraging Partnerships. Fostering Community. Standing for Justice. And just simply providing Durham with a "Family Room."
- ReachOUT NC, G4G's Raleigh-Durham Chapter • ReachOUT NC provides volunteer, social, and leadership opportunities for LGBT people and their allies. Through performing service projects, ReachOUT NC strives to enhance LGBT visibility, promote goodwill, and unite communities throughout NC.
- Alliance of AIDS Services - Carolina • Serving people living with HIV/AIDS, their loved ones, caregivers and communities at large through compassionate and nonjudgmental care, prevention, education, and advocacy
- North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition • Harm reduction resources, including syringe exchange and naloxone access. Everyone welcome and treated with respect, including people who are actively using drugs, people who do sex work, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+.
- QueerNC • connecting youth in rural and urban areas of NC by providing a safe space both online and in person for teens to talk about their ideas, find resources, and get help with problems that they're facing.
- PFLAG Triangle • PFLAG Triangle is a volunteer group providing support, advocacy and education to serve parents, families, friends, youth and LGBTQ individuals. Monthly Raleigh (3rd Wed.) and Durham (1st Thurs.) confidential support meetings.
- Safe Schools NC • A statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a safe and positive learning environment for LGBTQIA students and educators in North Carolina that offers training and confidential advice to students, teachers, and parents.
- The Trevor Project • 866-488-7386
- Wrenn House/Haven House Crisis Line • 919-832-7866
- Stonewall Sports-Raleigh • Stonewall Sports Raleigh is an LGBTQ & Ally not for profit sports league. They strive to develop a well-connected and diverse community through organized competition and social or fundraising events.
- Infinity Diamond Club • Providing safe and empowering atmospheres where those in community can come together to Share, Learn and GROW. "We are reaching people through friendship and love, and empowering them for change."
- RBPN - Raleigh's LGBT Chamber of Commerce • Where LGBTQA Professionals Connect!
Additional Resources for Our Community
- Veteran's LGBT Networking Group - Military Veteran Trailblazers Facebook Group
- College Guide for LGBTQ Students
- Financial Aid Resources for LGBTQ Students
- LGBTQ+ and Addiction: Causes, Resources, and Treatment