As we continue our journey through lent and now enter into Holy Week, we pause to reflect on the sacrifice made and the Love that was shown through the events of this week. We acknowledge that through the unconditional and reckless love that Jesus freely gave, that we are called to Love in the same way; freely and unconditionally. We are reminded that through the pain and suffering of darkness of this week, there’s a bright and glorious light that awaits us! The light of Jesus Christ!
Please join us as we journey through this week:
- Holy Tuesday Discussion Group - Our conversation focuses on Jesus' reaction to the abuse of the Temple.
- Spy Wednesday as we focus on Judas and consider the topic of Betrayal in a way that you may have never thought of!
- Maundy Thursday as we focus on “The Last Supper.” Joining in communion with one another - a new take and mind changing experience on a tradition with powerful meaning; though it may not be what you think!
- Good Friday as we visit Jesus in those finals hours and focus on the sacrifice made. We will focus on stations of the cross and how they are applicable to us today as we reflect, meditate, and renew our call to action.
- Holy Saturday Vigil when the church will be open for you to come by and sit for a moment or a while in prayer and meditation. We encourage you to come and spend time at the foot of the cross as you reflect on your own spiritual journey and also to pray for justice. When we come together in prayer, it changes things, it moves us to action!
Let this journey prepare you for your future, for your ministry!
Lake Wheeler Road between Maywood Avenue and Centennial Parkway will be closed for construction starting April 15. The City of Raleigh is repairing a sinkhole and replacing the stormwater pipe that runs underneath the road. The road will be closed for 8-12 weeks.
During an inspection in November 2018, the City noticed that the 70-year-old stormwater pipe under Lake Wheeler Road was beginning to fail causing a sinkhole at the intersection. Initially, they planned to repair the pipe. Now they are replacing it.
Saturday, April 27, 2019
9:00am - 12:00noon
Thinking of joining St. John's MCC or would you like to know more about the church and our denomination? Plan to attend our Discovery Class! We will provide you more information on the church and our many programs as well as our history.
We will also explore ways in which you can get involved and what your spiritual gifts are.
Refreshments and lunch are provided! There is no obligation to become a member after you attend
Contact Fred Cannady-Kelderman at FredC@StJohnsMCC.org to reserve your class materials and for more information.
Celebrating Dru Bex’s 4th studio release Strange Days, Long Nights, the international tour by the same name also includes notable and up and coming hip-hop artists V.Rose, Uzuhan, Parris Chariz, Latin hip-hop artist Ada Betsabé.
TICKETS are FREE - Capacity is Limited
Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated but are not required. For those able, the suggested amount is $15 per person and will be collected during the concert.
Proceeds will support the COAH (City On A Hill) Foundation and Community Center.
Doors open at 5 pm
Minimum age requirements to enter the event?
While Christian Hip-Hop is theme-and-language appropriate for all ages, concert venues are loud and can cause hearing damage in children. We highly advise the use of ear protection by children under 12 and you consider seating in the viewing room for children 6 and under.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
St. John's MCC is located on GO Raleigh bus route 21 that arrives at the church 0n the :15s and :45s to 7:45 pm. After 7:45 pm the bus runs every hour on the :45s. We have two small parking lots on each side of the church, street parking, and weather permitting (the ground is dry), a large yard for auxiliary parking.
What can I bring into the event?
Cameras and phones ARE allowed and encouraged.
Food & gently used clothing donation for the community center are always welcome.
Please restrict the smoking of tobacco to the designated areas.
NO ALCOHOL IN THE CHURCH OR ON CHURCH GROUNDS - Trophy Brewing is two doors away for all of your imbibement pleasure.
NO GUNS or WEAPONS.
NO CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For questions, please email Mikeg@StJohnsMCC.org or call 919-834-2611.