The 50th Anniversary of MCC Churches is October 7th, 2018. But we're stretching it into more than a month of commemorative activities and services. Put these important dates on your calendar now.
September 21-23 - The Rev. Elder Dr. Nancy Wilson, retired global leader of MCC Churches, visits with St. John's MCC
- Friday 7pm - Meet the Author Event at the LGBT Center of Raleigh
- Saturday morning and afternoon - Workshops led by Rev. Elder Wilson
- Saturday 1:00pm - Lunch Boxes of Love with Rev. Elder Wilson serving
- Sunday 9am & 11am - Worship Experiences with Rev. Elder Wilson preaching
- Sunday, 4pm - Pride Interfaith Service at Pullen Memorial Baptist Church
September 29-30 - LGBTQ Pride Celebrations
- Saturday morning afternoon, and evening - Pride in Durham Parade, Pride After Dark Festival and Celebration
- Sunday 9am & 11am - Pride Worship Experiences with Rev. Vance Haywood preaching
October 7 - Founders Sunday
- Sunday 9am & 11am - Founders Day Worship Experiences with Rev. Jimmy Gibbs preaching
October 13-14 - Homecoming Celebration
- Saturday 9am - Homecoming Brunch & Feast Preparation
- Saturday 4pm - Homecoming Choir Rehearsal
- Sunday 9am - Homecoming Brunch
- Sunday 10am - Homecoming Worship Experience featuring Rev. Willie White, St. John's MCC Founder with other founding members of the church
- Sunday 12noon - Homecoming Feast
- Sunday 6pm - Gospel Drag Show
October 21 - Founders Month Closing Celebration
Sunday 9am & 11am - Worship Experiences with Rev. Vance Haywood preaching
With our “20-20 hindsight” Christianity, we have become spiritual sleepwalkers! We know the story, how the plot comes out, who the winners are, and what the winning team is all about. Yet all this “knowing” gets in the way. What was Jesus’ mission and message REALLY about?
This study will shock you awake and get you started on the path Jesus intended for all to follow. It is not about “right” belief; but about “right” practice. Jesus is proposing a total meltdown and recasting of human consciousness.
Join us in an eight-week study that explores what Jesus was talking about, how he walked his talk, and end with five Christian Wisdom practices that will help us make the transformation.
Cindy Norton leads a study called “Jesus Revisited: Putting on the Mind of Christ” beginning Tuesday night, April 17th and for each of 8 weeks. We meet in the William Stokes Friendship Hall on Tuesday nights starting at 6:30 pm. Come early and bring your bag dinner to eat with others who gather early.
God’s Still Communicating?
Is the Bible the only means for God speaking to people? Is prayer a one-way conversation, or does God communicate as well? Does God speak through our circumstances? Is not God capable of applying God’s word to our lives in numerous ways?
Maybe you have been confused about what God is saying to you or taught that God does not speak. Maybe you are disillusioned by those who claim to hear from God and use it irresponsibly.
We will discuss what Scripture has to say about it and open our eyes and ears to ways God intimately relates to us personally.
Cindy Norton leads a study called “God’s Still Communicating?” beginning Tuesday night, June 19th and for each of 8 weeks - taking a holiday break on July 3rd. We meet in the William Stokes Friendship Hall on Tuesday nights starting at 6:30 pm. Come early and bring your bag dinner to eat with others who gather early.
Join us as we install the fifth pastor of St. John's MCC and celebrate our 42nd birthday. The Rev. Terri Steed Pierce, Pastor of Joy MCC in Orlando, Florida, is our Anniversary Guest Preacher, and many former Pastors of St. John's MCC along with other special guests will be here to help us celebrate on Saturday. More details coming...!