Let It Begin With Me!
- NOT Religion
Community Like None Other....
The 50th Anniversary of MCC Churches is October 7th, 2018. But we're stretching it into more than a month of commemorative activities and services. Put these important dates on your calendar now.
September 21-23 - The Rev. Elder Dr. Nancy Wilson, retired global leader of MCC Churches, visits with St. John's MCC
- Friday 7pm - Meet the Author Event at the LGBT Center of Raleigh
- Saturday morning and afternoon - Workshops led by Rev. Elder Wilson
- Saturday 1:00pm - Lunch Boxes of Love with Rev. Elder Wilson serving
- Sunday 9am & 11am - Worship Experiences with Rev. Elder Wilson preaching
- Sunday, 4pm - Pride Interfaith Service at Pullen Memorial Baptist Church
September 29-30 - LGBTQ Pride Celebrations
- Saturday morning afternoon, and evening - Pride in Durham Parade, Pride After Dark Festival and Celebration
- Sunday 9am & 11am - Pride Worship Experiences with Rev. Vance Haywood preaching
October 7 - Founders Sunday
- Sunday 9am & 11am - Founders Day Worship Experiences with Rev. Jimmy Gibbs preaching
October 13-14 - Homecoming Celebration
- Saturday 9am - Homecoming Brunch & Feast Preparation
- Saturday 4pm - Homecoming Choir Rehearsal
- Sunday 9am - Homecoming Brunch
- Sunday 10am - Homecoming Worship Experience featuring Rev. Willie White, St. John's MCC Founder with other founding members of the church
- Sunday 12noon - Homecoming Feast
- Sunday 6pm - Gospel Drag Show
October 21 - Founders Month Closing Celebration
Sunday 9am & 11am - Worship Experiences with Rev. Vance Haywood preaching