St John’s MCC is in a period of growth and change. This shouldn’t surprise you; any vibrant organization gets its very vibrancy from growth, change, new ideas, shifts and sparks. In order to stay vibrant St. John’s needs you. Yes you, whether you are a member, regular attendee, that person who slides in after the chiming of the hour, an online fan unable to attend in person, or someone who just stumbled across this article. St. John’s needs you, your passion, your gifts – you. If you are experienced in attending church or have never walked through the doors of any church, young, old, any race, any orientation, we need you.
St. John’s foundation is a belief in God and God’s only son Jesus Christ who was crucified, paying the price for all our sins and rose on the third day. We believe in God’s unwavering love for all of us, yes you too. We believe in finding people, bringing people in, growing them up as disciples in Christ and sending them out into the world to spread the good news that God loves everyone and Jesus said, “Whoever believes in me will have eternal life.” No caveats, no disclaimers.
We need you to be successful. What is your passion? What makes you happy when you are involved in it? Know that there is a place for you here.
Our ministries are currently broken into five areas: Outreach, Service, Fellowship, Discipleship and Worship.
- Interested in getting the word out? Helping with advertising, or reaching out to the community to let them know who we are and what we do? Contact the Outreach Ministry leaders Jason Long or David Ray. Interested in writing for the website or have an idea on improving our connection to the world via the World Wide Web? Contact our webcrafter, Jim Manchester.
- When you walk through the sanctuary doors, does your heart feel lighter? Is worship a highlight of your week? Have you ever wanted to step up and help make the worship experience as amazing for others as it is for you? Are interested in volunteering for any aspect of worship (sound, powerpoint, music, communion, ushering)? Contact the Worship Ministry leaders Val Webster or Will Robinson.
- Are you someone who thrives in social settings? Do you love to organize events and gatherings? Have you had an idea for a small group such as a singles group, couples group, sporting event, etc? Contact the Fellowship Ministry leaders Tara Marten or Scott Driver and jump in.
- Maybe your passion is in teaching others. Are you someone who gets a thrill out of watching the light bulb come on when another learns something new? Do you enjoy discussions and debates that expand your mind and lead to a greater understanding? Do you want to help others be spiritually fed? The Discipleship Ministry needs your help. Contact the Discipleship Ministry leaders Sandra Whittington or Shaun Harr.
- Does you passion lay in helping others such as the homeless and the less fortunate? Maybe you have a new idea on how we can help the community. Maybe you just want to step in and lend a hand. If so contact the Service Ministry leaders Charles Leake or Fred Cannady.
Maybe you just don’t know where you can help or you have a great idea and don’t know where it fits in. Contact anyone listed here and ask. You are the driving force behind St. John’s. Your input, assistance, ideas, service and passions are a vital part of this church.
We invite you to step in, step up and step out for Christ.